Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lynden Rae





I started to dilate at 36 weeks. By 37 weeks I was dilated to a 3. I assumed there was NO WAY I would make it to my due date... At 39 weeks my doctor scheduled my induction for 9-27 at 3:00 pm (turns out this baby did not want to come on her own). That morning the hospital called and said they were running "slightly behind" and didn't know when they could get me in. So rather than sit around and wait for a baby to come I decided to make dinner.
While dinner was in the oven the hospital called and said they were ready for me. We took dinner and Paisley to TJ's parents and then we checked in at the hospital. By 7:00 pm I was in labor and delivery and the nurse started pitocin. Around 10:00 I asked for the epidural and was dilated to a 5. Around 11:00 the nurse came into check me and said I was ready to go. We waited for the doctor. As soon as Doctor Huish got there I started pushing and Lynden arrived at 11:57 pm on 9-27-10, 7 pounds even and 20 inches long. Everything was flawless. She's perfect and we're all home and happy.

12 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

i LOVE her! And I love that Paisley was so excited and cute with her! What a good big sister!

Can't wait to see little Lynden again!

Blair Ford said...

OMG. I am already obsessed with her! P is the cutest big sis ever.

Alisa said...

Congrats! She's beautiful and looks just like Paisley (from what I can tell from that first pic). Good job on a healthy baby and mama!

Theurer Family said...

What a cute family of four!

Beth Curtis said...

congrats! She is so beautiful. I can't believe how fast it went! She looks like a Paisley jr!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything went so smoothly with the induction. I can't wait to meet Lynden.

Whitney said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful!

Brandis said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well. :)

Amber Marie said...

wow, that's the way to get it done! Congrads lauren and family, you are such a beautiful mother and how lucky to have SISTERS :)

mandy* said...

Congratulations, L!!!! She's beautiful. Can you believe we are old enough to have two kids each?? It's crazy!

Marisa and Rob said...

Congrats!! She is just so cute!! :D Love the pictures!

theniufamily said...

Look how amazing your little family is. She is so cute and I can't wait to come hold her more!