Wednesday, June 4, 2008

God be with you til we meet again

Today has been a day of mixed emotions. At 8:00 this morning I received a phone call that I have been dreading for years. My Nana, my closest link to my mother, passed away. She has been ready to go for a long time (she was 94 years old), she was in a lot of pain and my sisters and I hated seeing her suffer. I have so many great memories as she is one of the people I have loved the most. She taught me so much - most of all she taught me the importance of love and service.
I am excited for her that she finished her mission on this earth and hopefully now she will get to rest for a while. I know one day I will be reunited with her - for now I have another guardian angel.
When I found out I was pregnant I knew I would have a girl and I felt strongly the reason I was being sent a girl was to replace my Nana- I just didn't realize my Nana's death and the birth of my baby girl would be so close together. It's amazing how God works.

6 comments:

Drew and Tarah said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma! I am excited for Paisley to come and she will keep you GREAT company!

mandy* said...

Lauren,

I'm so sorry... I know how much you love your Grandma and how much your relationship with her means to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I believe that she and Paisley are meeting each other and loving each other right this very minute. I love you.

Brandis said...

Oh, Lauren, I'm so sorry! It's never easy to let someone that means that much to you go, no matter if they're young or old. I'm sorry that you're having to do that right now. I love what you said about your baby coming to replace your Nana. That is exactly what my Ashtyn did for my family too. It's neat that Paisley is getting to spend some special time with her before she comes here.

Megan said...

oh lauren you made me cry. i am so sorry about your grandma (i have been so out of the loop). it sounds like you two had an amazing relationship. i can't wait for you to meet paisley ... there is nothing more fulfilling & loving in this world than being a mother, and you'll be a great one.

Brandis said...

ps you look absolutely beautiful in that picture :)

theniufamily said...

Wow that is amazing how close her leaving and the new little baby are together. It just shows that there is a much bigger plan than we can see or even begin to imagine. I love ya.