Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day?

I was living in the Riverside Condos in Provo. My roommate came in and told me that 2 planes crashed into the World Trade Centers in New York, another plane crashed in Philadelphia and another into the Pentagon. I remember the somber feeling that day and the days to come. Businesses shut down, flags hung everywhere, honoring the innocent lives lost on that horrible day. I hope our country never has to face anything like that again. I am grateful for the unity it brought to our nation. I am grateful for all those who serve our country on a daily basis and I am grateful to be an American. God bless the USA.

5 comments:

Brandis said...

AMEN!! :) I'm glad your flag was out today because it reminded me to put ours out.

Drew and Tarah said...

I was in my Provo condo asleep when the phone was ringing off the hook. I answered it in time for my mom to get me to turn the tv on just as plane #2 crashed through the second tower live...scariest thing I've ever seen! (maybe your question was rhetorical, but i answered you anyway!) I agree...it was a sad and horrible day, but it was amazing how the nation came together!

Anonymous said...

I will answer too. I was on my way to work (to my favorite nanny job)in Sacramento, CA and heard it on the radio. I was so shocked. I gave my little girl lots of extra hugs that day.

Amber said...

I worked at Capital Community Bank at the time and it was crazy--people were coming to the bank and taking all of their money out of their accounts--in some cases tens of thousands of dollars--because they weren't sure what was going to happen.

theniufamily said...

Its crazy how we will all always remeber exectly where we were. PS, I love the picture of her on your desk!