Wednesday, April 1, 2009

RoLLeR CoASteR

My life has been a complete roller coaster over the past few months. In the middle of January TJ called me up and told me that Fulton Homes was filing bankruptcy and once the month ended he would no longer have a job. Of course I freaked out. We didn't have very much money saved and what we did have we were using to compensate for losing my income when Paisley was born. I had no idea what we were going to do. We didn't know if we were going to lose our house, our car, or anything else. After a while I calmed down, even though my life had just been turned upside down I realized this was the hand we would be dealt and we had to figure out how to live with it.
Things managed to work out for us. My work picked up and it was nice to have TJ here to help take care of Paisley. We put our faith in the Lord and knew we needed to trust in him. I am so glad we didn't have to wait too long. This week TJ got a job offer. I feel like a gigantic weight has been lifted off my shoulder. I know that if you put your trust in the Lord he will provide. I feel so incredibly blessed to have faith in my life. There's been several times in my life when I would not have made it through with out the comfort of the Holy Ghost and my faith in God the Father, and his Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the Lord is mindful of our needs and I honestly believe that he has to give us trials to remind us who is in control. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for providing for us and blessing us during this difficult time.

9 comments:

Theurer Family said...

Yeah for T.J.! That is the best news I've heard all day! Lauren, thanks for being such a good example. I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys. I can't imagine living life without the gospel and faith. I think it pulls us through everything. When does he start?

Beth Curtis said...

that is so awesome! I am so happy for you guys!

Brandis said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad things are working out for you guys. You are great examples of faith & trust in the Lord and his plan.

Marisa and Rob said...

Hey Lauren! I just wanted to tell you thank you for inviting me to Bunco!!! I had a lot of fun, I did pretty good for my first time!! :)

That is so great that T.J. found a job! My husband got laid off for about 3 months towards the end of the year last year. it stunk, but thanks to the gospel, faith, Heavenly father and family we made it. Thanks again for a fun night and all the yummy food! :)

Stephanie said...

Lauren, this is amazing news! Go, TJ! I can't believe you didn't tell me this tonight. I almost asked, but I assumed no news might mean bad news, so I didn't bring it up. I am really impressed with you and your great attitude. You have been through a lot and you have made the best of all of it. You are such a good example to me. Thanks for being my friend!

Stephanie said...

p.s. bunco was off the hook! thanks for bringing it back into my life :)

Jennie McBride said...

Laur-

Jared and I were worried and are so happy that TJ found a job!

Your story reminded me of the talk by President Eyring today! And having faith in times like these!!!

Love you!

Jen

PS Jared STILL talks about JOES and the Worlds Best Sweet Potato!

PSS- Paisley looks just like you did, but she has more hair and it's darker!!! She is soooo Beautiful! You are so blessed!!!!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

That's awesome. Good job staying faithful!